Monday, August 29, 2011

Tyler, The Creator Lands Best New Artist Moonman At 2011 VMAs


Odd Future frontman Tyler, the Creator hasn't been shy about his desire to win a Moonman at the 2011 VMAs. Though he lost Video Of The Year to Katy Perry, he was able to rush the stage after winning Best New Artist (beating out Big SeanWiz KhalifaFoster the People and Red Carpet Report correspondent Kreayshawn).
After hugging his mom in the audience, the rapper bounded up the stage -- visibly injuring his foot in the process -- and delivered an emotional, profanity-laced speech. "Yo, I'm excited as f--- right now, yo," he said. "I wanted this sh-- since I was nine. I'm about to cry. This is for my little brother Earl [Sweatshirt]. He's not here right now. I really can't believe I'm here right now. I didn't write a thank you speech. I don't know. F---. To all the kids watching, you can do this s---. Thank you."
The rapper proclaimed that all the videos up for Video Of The Year besides his own "sucked" (Adele notwithstanding), and that he would kill himself -- metaphorically, we hope -- if he lost to rival Bruno Mars. The rapper wasn't all hate, though, posting on his Twitter page, "Even Tho We Don't Get Along, The N---- Got Talent" after watching Mars' tribute toAmy Winehouse.
Aside from the win, Tyler and Odd Future engaged in a dance-off with the "Future Beastie Boys" (really Will Ferrell, Jack Black and Seth Rogen) before presenting the award for Best Hip-Hop video. No word on if Tyler and Mars did shots together backstage.

No comments:

Post a Comment