Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My "Link Up" With D.J. Teck




On Saturday Evening I Headed To Downtown Silver Spring To Conduct An Interview With D.J. Teck. Even Though I Have Known Him For About 4 Years Now, I Still Didn’t Know How He Got His Start, And Didn’t Even Seem To Know His Favorite Color…lol But Now Was My Chance To Find Out Anything I Ever Wanted To Know. 

SM- So How Did You Start With Everything, And What Came First? Djing, Or Photography?

DJT- “I Always Went On Websites And Thought Hey This Looks Cool.” (speaking about djing) “Um Middle School I Would Say. I Remember one Christmas My Mother kind of swindled me (about dj equipment), Saying “Yeah It Was Coming, Yeah It Was Coming,” But It Never Came. I Kinda Remember Being Pissed About It. (laughs) That Was 8th Grade, Maybe 9th Gradish.”  “Slowly Around 10th Grade, I Started Doing Random House Parties. By The Time I Was A Junior I Started Throwing My Own Parties, And Djing At Clubs Here And There. I Was 16 Djing At 21 And Up/18 And Up Clubs..Not Knowing What I Was Doing, But Just Being There.” 

“Then Photography Came Along On Accident I Would Say.  I Was In My Counselors Office Trying To Figure Out Another Class To Take. I Took Photography For A Quarter Of A Semester, And Yeah I Just Started Pursuing That Outside Of The Classroom, And Here I Am Now.”  




SM- So Djing Is Your Absolute Favorite? Like You Wanna Do It Till The Day You Die? Over Photography?

DJT- “Who Doesn’t Like Getting Paid To Party? I Get Paid To Party. I’m Not Behind A Desk All Day.” 

SM- So Do You Think You Will Be Able To Carry On For As Long As You Want? Like You Won’t EVER Have To Get A “Regular Job” Again?

DJT- “I Think I Would Do It For A Good Amount Of Time, But Expand Into A Business Type Of Thing. I Might Have Some Other Djs Working Under Me. I’m Not About To Be 70 Years Djing, Like That’s Not Logical At All. But Yeah It Would Be DJing, Photography, And Sound Rentals. I’m Just Trying To Do Everything I Can Do That Doesn’t Inolve Me Having A Real Job Cuz Im Not Really Into That. Who Wants To Work For Somebody Else, When I Can Work For Myself.” 

SM- So What Was Your Favorite Club To Work At? …Let Me Rephrase That Your Favorite Teen Club From Back In The Day? Favorite 18 And Up ? And Favorite 21 And Up? It Can Be ANYTHING (laughs)

DJT- “Aw Man, Favorite Teen Club I Was Doing Was Prolly The Teen Bounce. “I’m Just Trying To Think What Club Is The Best That I’ve Been At. I’ll Prolly Say Being At Ibiza Out Of Every Where Else … As Far As The Staff, Sound, and Everything Overall.” 

SM- Who Is Your Favorite Rapper Or Singer…Or Favorites

DJT- “I Don’t Know Who Is My Favorite Overall. I Don’t Know About An All Time Favorite, You Can Find The Most Songs That Are Played On My iPhone Are by J Cole, Drake, Eminem (he’s crazy as hell) And I Think I Got Some Old Luda On There. That’s About It, As Far As The People I Can Actually Tolerate. I’m Not into All That Lil B And All The Tom fool Fuckery.


SM- What About Drake? He’s A Singer And A Rapper…

DJT- “Drake ? It Depends What Drake We’re Talking About…Drake’s Cool Though …He Got A Good Amount Of Songs On My iPod.” 

SM- So How Did You And Pat Even Like Link Up?..Like Did You Know Him Prior?

DJT- “I Didn’t Know Him Till The Day This Man Hit Me Up…Last Year I Got Put On To An Event At Maryland, And They Was Talking About Pat ..And I Was Like Who The Hell Is This …I Didn’t Know Who The Hell He Was….( SORRY PAT) Then Randomly He Hit Me Or I Reached Out To Him…I Ended Up Up Doing The DurklInterview With Him First…I Actually Didn’t Start Working With Him Till Earlier This Year…”

SM- Ok Cuz That’s When I Started Noticing….

DJT- “It Was Random As Hell How It Came About …” (laughs)

SM-I Feel Like When I First Met You, We Got Along…But I Thought You Were Kind Of Mean …NOT to Me…

DJT- “Everything Is Justin’s Fault…Everything Is Justin Vasser’s Fault…It’s All His Fault!”

SM- (laughs) What???

DJT-“Me And Him Have Been Cool Forever… We Always Try To One Up Each Other On Everything ..We Always Go On Each Other…I’m Really A Shy Ass Dude… …I’m Not A People Person … I Hate Crowds…If You See Me In The Club I’m Usually In A Corner Somewhere…”

SM- That’s So Funny Cuz You’re A DJ That Djs At A Club To A Crowd…

I Can Say I Have Enjoyed Seeing Him From When He Was Doing His Teen Parties To Now Moving On To Bigger And Better Things, And Perfecting His Craft. From Seeing Him Prosper In The Last 4 Years I Can Only Be Inspired To Be Like Him, And The Way He Conducts Business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment